Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Benjamin Dillingham Heare

It's only been five weeks since Benjamin was born. I think that is an acceptable amount of time to wait to blog about our new cute little boy.

One the morning of April 6, 2009, we got up as normal and got ready for the day. Tim and I drove Josh to school. Tim took him to class and I tied up a few little last ends at the office. We came back home and got the last few things ready for the hospital. We drove over and took a few things that we would need immediately with us and left the rest in the car. As we were walking to the front door of the hospital, I looked over and saw my reflection in the mirrored facade. Wow, I was huge. No wonder I didn't let Tim take pictures of me until that morning. You have to have something for posterity (and your blog). Gross, right? So anyway, we make it up to labor and delivery and tell them we are here for our c-section. The nurses look at us funny and then look at their book and then back at us. "We don't have any c-sections scheduled for today," they say. I almost started crying. I didn't want to wait another day. They decided to set us up in a room anyway and call Dr Pead to find out what was going on. They came back about 20 minutes later and said that we were good and Dr Pead was on board! Yeah, just a couple more hours.
They got me all hooked up to the machines and I waited for what seemed like an eternity. I think Benjamin was thinking the same thing because I started having contractions. According to the machine, they were pretty strong but I wasn't uncomfoftable in the least. I think maybe because I knew that I wouldn't have to deal with them for that long anyway.
Finally it was time to head on back to the operating room. When I saw the table I would be laying on, I thought it was really tiny. But thinking back on it, I guess it would have to be that narrow so the doctors can get in there and do their thing. So, I got my shot and lied down on the table with my arms spread out on either side of me. It was a lot different this time. With Josh, I had been in labor for about seven hours previous to this stage of the game and was already really out of it. But this time around, I went from being totally with it to slowly being aware that things were going on around me and I had no power to do anything about it. It was really weird. Tim and the doctors came in and I was ready to go. The whole procedure went really fast. I tried not to look at Tim because everytime he would peek over the curtain, he would make these faces like he was totally disgusted. I know it look gross because the day before we watched a c-section on TLC. But I didn't need to see it on Tim's face, so I tried to zone out. The next thing I know, Benjamin is out and they bring him over for me to see. All I remember seeing is a scrunched up face and massive amounts of hair. I gave him a little kiss and off he went with Tim. C-sections are great because you can plan for them and they are over really quick. But the one thing that I don't like about them, is that I don't get a chance to hold the new little one as soon as they are born. But then again, Tim had that special bonding time with him so it all works out.
Here are a few little pics of the new little one!


1 comment:

Higleys said...

I'm glad you posted the blog. He is so cute and I love the belly shot. I also love the name ( our 1st is Ben)