Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Trip to the Doctor

So, I've been trying to catch up on all my doctor's visits that I've put off while I was pregnant and after Benjamin was born. I went to the dentist - all good. I went in for a physical - things are good. I went in for a check up for my sleep apnea - not so good.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about two and a half years ago. I sleep with a c-pap machine which I don't mind at all. I haven't been back to see my doctor since my original diagnosis so I thought it was about time. This doctor used to be my primary care physician as well. I didn't care for him too much or for his staff but I didn't really know why. Tim went to him as well and felt the same way. He found another doctor a few months ago and convinced me to give him a try. I went in for a physical about a week ago and this is the new doctor for me. He encouraged me to do a follow-up with the other doctor for my sleep apnea. I called and set an appointment while I was waiting to get some blood work done.

I got an appointment scheduled for Thursday. Awesome! I was going to get this over with quickly. I took off work in the middle of the day and headed over to the appointment. I checked in, paid my co-pay with a check (they don't have a credit card machine - this is another reason I wanted to find another doctor) and sat down. There was no one else in the waiting room so I figured I would get called back rather quickly. Nope. After about 20 minutes of waiting, the doctor comes out and motions to the receptionist, who is on the phone, to come back. All the sudden I hear the doctor yelling at the receptionist. This yelling goes on for about 20 minutes. I could not believe it. I had never felt so uncomfortable in my life. Right before the yelling was over, a few more people come into the office. The receptionist comes out, visibly upset, and checks them in. About 10 more minutes pass. So now I've been in the waiting area for an hour and didn't even want to go back to see the doctor. Well, I did want to go back but just to tell him that he was very unprofessional and I was taking my check and leaving. I asked the receptionist how much longer it was going to be and she said she didn't know. I told her I had to get back to work so she gave me my check and I left.

Now I know why I didn't like this doctor, he's a butt. Never again will I set my foot inside that office. I will travel anywhere else to find a new sleep disorder doctor. What a jerk!


MaryBeth said...

Ummm...we need a name and an address so we never go see that butthole.

My Name's Sarah said...

Jeese Louise! Could you hear what they were saying?