Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Am I Starting Him Too Young?

Alright, I'm not sure if I should be mad at Josh or proud of him. I had a doctor's appointment today for the baby. I dropped Josh off at his cousin's house. Appointment went fine. When I got back to pick Josh up, my niece, Jessica, told me she had a story to tell me. Well, Josh's cousin Conner can be a real punk sometimes, especially when it comes to Josh. He will be his best friend when it is convinent for him and then will totally be mean to Josh at other times. Don't get me wrong, I know how six year olds can be. So whatever. I just don't want Josh to be bullied and I want him to stick up for himself. I'm just not sure how he did it was the best way.

So, apparently during this visit, Josh had asked Conner to play with him and Conner refused, quite meanly according to Jessica. So, in true Dillingham style, Josh quickly replied, "You're a dumb ass!" They both were put in time out. I told Josh in front of Jessica that that isn't a word we use. And after Jessica left, I gave him a high five.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

It's never too early to use the word dumb ass. The only problem I have is that the proper word in this case should have been "jack ass". Then of course there's also smart ass.

He's almost got it, it's just time for you to step up to the plate and help him out a little more.

Emma said...

that's what I was thinking as well, but he's three so I'm going to give him a little break for now

My Name's Sarah said...

Henry was on a damn it kick for a while. He said "damn it" at his first Primary Presentation practice. Ah, memories!